Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sephora OPI Haul

So Sephora does not ship to New Zealand. Luckily my mum and dad just got back from a 3 week trip to America. I thought these would be easy enough polishes for them to get because all they had to do was find a Sephora store. Turns out it was easy, they fouond a Sephora store straight away and managed to get 4 of the 5 polishes I had asked for.

Left to Right: Go with the Flow-er, Leaf him at the Altar, It's Bouquet with me, Sparkle me silver top coat.

These four polishes are all quite sheer and see through, so im thinking of using them for layering.
Sparkle me silver is a top coat of long silver glitter pieces - I havent had a polish like this since I was about 10. And It's Bouquet with me is silver and purple glitter in a clear base and is definitely designed for layering in my opinion.

I know that these sell for US$9 each and that this is considered rather on the expensive side in America (Although to us here it is a bargain). How do you feel about Sephora OPI? And the fact that some of their polishes are online only (ARGH I SO WANT Midnight Mambo!!!!). I also noticed that they are now selling mini polishes in packs for the newer collections (seems like a good idea, the regular sized polishes seem quite large - but I think thats just because they are so tall).

At the moment I am spending all day and night at uni trying to finish my thesis, and my nails are pretty short and crappy at the moment. I cant wait to get a job and finish uni and have some spare time and money to take care of my nails properly.

Lots of Love
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. some of the $OPI colours aregreat, but the price tag is what keeps me from buying more of them. I live in Canada and they are $12 each!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danielle. I think I own one $OPI and I got it in a swap so I didn't actually pay for it. And when I'm actually at a SEphora store I'd rather buy make up instead of their nail polish colors. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha it cracks me up hearing that (and seeing it on mua all the time) we pay US$18 for OPI here in NZ, so US$9 is super cheap for us. It annoys me though how much we have to pay. Our color club is about $15 and you guys get it for a couple of dollars. It breaks my heart and my bank balance :(

    In saying all that I got a few eyeshadows from Sephora when I was there last year and I thought they were expensive for about $35 each set

    ReplyDelete