Thursday, May 12, 2011

Light box results! + Sportsgirl Iris

I spent the weekend building a light box because it is now winter here and I wasn't sure how I was going to get any good photos in the rain and dark weather we have everyday.

IT WORKS!!!!!!

Here is the first photos I took using the new light box.

This is the polish I picked up from Sportsgirl when I was in Australia a few months ago. On a side note, most of the fashion stores we have in New Zealand come from Australia and I am surprised we don't yet have Sportsgirl over here.


Sportsgirl Nail it! Iris - (here is where I normally say what type of light this is taken in, but I am not sure what to call this type of light - any ideas?)

This is three coats. The first one it sheer, but the colour builds quickly, and you can get away with two coats here. It is a faint shimmer/frosty colour, that is very conservative. This is the only Sportsgirl polish I bought back with me, I picked this one because my grandma was named Iris.

Didn't it work well? And I took these photos at 9pm at night! I can now do my nails at night and take photos before I wear the polish for the next day and not have to worry about how it wears and having sun to take good photos.

You can follow the same tutorial I used to make your own light box here.

Lots of Love
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I remember Sportsgirl stores being around when I was growing up. Guess we weren't a very profitable market.

    The lightbox pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports Girl was the coolest ever when I was 13. Then it left us :( and i was left to shop at Glassons...lol.

    What lights/bulbs did you use? it looks non-yellow and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ame - I just went to the light shop and asked for a white light. the guy there gave me a light. sorry I don't know much about it.

    and now that you girls mention it, I do remember sportsgirls being here when I was too young to shop there

    ReplyDelete