Thursday, January 31, 2013

Butter London Sparkle, Sparkle Holiday Lacquer Collection



I know this post is a little late, considering this was a holiday collection, but late has got to be better than never right?  I bought this Butter London set while in America (I cant actually remember anymore exactly where, but I think it might have been at Macy's in Vegas) for US$36. Rumours are that it is now selling for about half that price on clearance.

The back of the box says:
SPARKLE, SPARKLE!
This season is all about making a glittering statement. 
Turn up the fashion on your holiday wardrobe
with these gorgeous gems

Butter London Jack the Lad - sunshine

This is three coats. It is a dark green shimmery glitter that occasionally flashes lighter green and golden. 

Butter London Scuppered - Sunshine

This is also three coats, but this polish had a thin consistency.  It is a copper base, with fine copper and copper/pinky coloured shimmer and sporadic bits of slightly bigger green glitter.

Butter London Shambolic - Shade

I thought this polish would be my favourite of the set, but it turned out not to be (that honour went to Jack the Lad).  This is three coats.  There is little purple and pink glitter in a funny grey tinted base, with slightly bigger pink and lighter pink hexagon glitter.  The base colour is the thing that put me off this polish.

All up these are not my favourite Butter Londons, but I subcumbed to the glitter and sparkle in this set, and when in Vegas.....(also the fact that I got three for the price we pay for one Butter London polish here in New Zealand I cant complain).

Lots of Love
Lisa




2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh man you are so lucky to get Butter London so cheap! I keep looking at them in Farmers but can't seam to buy them at $36 each. Do they chip after two days of wear or are they one week wearing?

    Where else in NZ can you buy Butter London that could be cheaper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, Unfortunately Farmers seems to be discontinuing selling Butter London. they are all on clearance for $20 at the moment. Occasionally they show up on NZsale, but once farmers stops selling them I don't know where I will get them from anymore. I was lucky to buy a lot when I was in America last yea

      Delete